Monday, May 16, 2011

Heels, Stilettos or Flats?

If you know me, you know that I L-O-V-E shoes. Always have. I tend to think it's hereditary and I got it from my grandmother who also loved shoes. I also loved high heels right up until I had my little peanut. Yep, at nine months pregnant I was sporting high heels and for the most part was perfectly comfortable. But there was something about being at home for three months and not having to wear heels that has changed my entire perspective. My "comfy" heels now kill my feet...and I'm pretty sure that it's not because my shoes suddenly lost their cushion. So now I'm a flats girl. 

As I was sitting on the couch one evening with Nightline in the background they had a segment on high heels. Can you believe there is now a crunch class called Stiletto Strength? It's "BYOH - Bring Your Own Heels - and strut your stuff runway style in this calf-boosting, posture-building, cat-walking diva class." Now isn't that going a bit far? 

Apparently not because there are also high heeled races - literally you run the race in high heels. Really? The last person who ran one of these races was kicking it at a high pace and dove across the finish line to win the honor. Now ladies, that may be going a bit far.

Granted, flats have come a very long way but they still don't make you feel quite as cute as heels do. But neither does chasing after your toddler or running errands carrying a 90 lb 22 lb car carrier in heels either.

So alas, I'm now on the hunt for really cute flats that are stylish, cute and not too "mommy-ish". Afterall, just because we're moms doesn't mean we have to convert to "mom jeans" and cotton sweatshirts. A girl still has to be stylish!

So which are you - heels or flats? Any good spots to find cute shoes (preferably online because lets face it, with working full time, being a mommy and running a household, who really has alot of time to shop around?)

5 comments:

  1. I was the same way. Wore heels up until the day before I delivered my oldest...and was one of the only moms strutting into the day care unzipping my high heeled boots outside the infant room. However, now that I work from home, I only sport heels for meetings and church. I have found some really cute (and cheap) flats at Target. Another favorite is Piper Lime...look under the category "Cute and Comfy"...you can find flats that are super cute and also wedges and heels with wider heels so still able to chase after 2 kids wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Someone else said that piperlime was a great resource for cute shoes. I've never shopped there but rest assured I will be soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to succumb to the world of flats too, my dear. The good news is that it's summer and there are some fabulous sandals to enjoy! I just bought these yesterday and L O V E them - http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/steve-madden-simple-leather-sandal/3135694?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=1967

    Back in winter, I bought THE MOST AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE yet stylish shoes ever - Dr. Scholls makes a really cute line of flats. I highly recommend these - they're Mommy friends but look great with jeans, jacket, and fab jewelry. http://www.drschollsshoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=08023&pg=5072274

    Can you tell I'm in to pewter shoes? They go with EVERYTHING - love, love, love them!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flats! Corey and I just took engagement pictures of a couple and she had the CUTEST shoes! I loved them, there's a picture I took of them on the newest post www.coreypotter.com. She told me she got them at http://www.francescascollections.com. I'm not a big shoe person but these were so cute, and I think I might be turning into one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renting a house was really hard! I think your information would be a great help not just on renting a house but for having it in the future!

    sitges villas & sitges accommodation

    ReplyDelete