Thursday, July 4, 2013

I scream, you scream...

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! That seems to be words my kids live by when we come visit Nana and Pop-E (that would be my parents for all of you who don't know us well). You see, my parents live in Beaufort, NC and it is a small little beach town famously known for it being where Blackbeard the pirate used to reside. I highly recommend coming for a long weekend. Anyway, I digress. Just a block away from their house is the waterfront where there are lots of fun stores, restaurants and our favorite - The General Store. Here you can find little trinkets, toys, salt water taffy and Charlie's favorite, ice cream. Seriously, he knows how to get there from the house on his own and he's only 2.5 yrs old. I'm pretty sure if we didn't add the snap lock to the front gate he'd have left us many times to walk to the ice cream store this week.

We tend to go down every night after dinner and yes, I totally use it as a bribe to get my kids to eat their dinner. Charlie has eaten green beans 3x already this week. Miracle. I can't tell you how many times we've tried but failed on that subject.

So each night we stroll down to The General Store and have a scoop (or two if your name rhymes with spaniel) and then eat it as we walk down the docks looking at the big boats and listening to the live music.



We always get a chuckle as people see the kids dripping with ice cream. I'm pretty sure he eats only half of it and the rest drips. Seriously, you can follow that kid on the boardwalk by following the drips of ice cream. Some parents may fret over stains or the mess but I say bring on the napkins! Their kids and they need to be able to enjoy life as kids. Besides...I always have a plan.


Before:
 
 

One of the other favorite things the boys love is the outside shower with hot running water. I can turn them loose in there and they will happily bathe away.
 
After:


And that makes for a happy momma (and some happy kids)! Win-Win for all!
 
These memories will last them a lifetime. Boats. Ice cream. Fun in the water. Hanging out with Nana and Pop-E. What more could two little toddlers need?
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment