Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crack Muffins



It's been awhile since I shared any new recipes. Mostly because I've been busy decorating, designing, trying to stay above water...you get the picture...to actually experiment. However a near tragic accident occurred the other day that almost caused me to lose my husband, mother-in-law and a dear friend. I lost the recipe for my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.


No, I'm not being dramatic. My MIL nearly cried when I told her I couldn't find it and Anna M said that she might have to de-friend me. Daniel was slightly more forgiving. Only slightly.

Thankfully the MIL found it written down (it is one her mom found back in the 1980's) on a phone book she saved and all is well again. So because of this, I'm now putting the recipe on the blog so I don't lose it again! I've already used my blog to find a recipe I lost for something else. (hmm, see a pattern here? Perhaps it's the little elves that like to sit on my counter while I'm cooking).

We've affectionately coined these "Crack Muffins" because people swear there is a secret ingredient that causes addiction. There's not. They are just that darn good.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 16oz can pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together until creamy and then add 1-1.5 bags of chocolate chips (I use the dark chocolate or semi-sweet). Spoon in to muffin cups and bake for 18-20 min at 350 degrees.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment