I use Rice Select Royal Blend rice with flaxseed and the specific kind I get is Texmati Light Brown Rice with whole wheat pearl couscous, brown flaxseed and black lentils. It comes in a clear container found in the rice section. They make other types but after comparing and trying others, this one has the most flavor, texture and nutritional value.
- Measure out the amount of rice you plan to prepare (for us it's 1 cup)
- Measure out the required amount of water (for us it's 1 pint) listed on the package instructions and add 1-2 cubes of chicken bouillon. Or if you use the Better Than Bouillon then it's 1 tsp.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1 TBS butter
- Gently sautee the rice in the butter (just a few minutes)
- Add the water/bouillon mixture and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and cook (covered) the required time (as indicated on the package)