Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Creative Memories

And no, I'm not talking about the scrapbooking brand called Creative Memories. I'm referring to a few neat and creative ways to make memories. We went to a wedding not long ago and then I also helped give a baby shower this weekend. Each had some fun, unique ideas that can be morphed in to any type of event.

At the wedding, in lieu of the typical picture frame/matting you sign, they had a tree printed with their initials in the center. Each person then used their thumb print as a leaf and they had various colored ink pads to choose from. We all signed our names beside our finger print.

 
 
They also had their name and wedding date printed at the bottom. A very unique way to remember the day. Although we all joked that really the groom wanted all of our finger prints for the national database since he's a Border Patrol Agent.
 

 
 
In the end it looked like this. (sorry my iPhone wasn't taking the best pictures that night)
 



I also had the pleasure of helping host a baby shower for a friend this past weekend. I stole this idea from a previous baby shower I attended earlier this year. It can so easily be tailored for a wedding shower too. It's called the Blessing Tree.

I took a simple bucket from the yard and put floral foam in the bottom so the branches would sit in something.
 
 
Then I just stuck the branches I found in the yard in the bucket and put some moss around the edge to hide the foam. I made a quick bow that matched the color scheme and viola! (please disregard the cat food sitting beside it. oops!)
 
 
 
It was that simple to make! I also found some pre-punched cards at Hobby Lobby. We took pink and orange ribbon and added it to the cards so they could hang on the tree. We even took a little stamp of baby feet and added them to the cards to spruce them up a bit. In the end, it looked like this:
 


 And while we were decorating, why not use some seasonal items!? I took some basic small pumpkins and painted them to add additional decorations. Some I spray painted white, some I painted pink and others I left their natural color. Once they were dry, a quick clear coat of acrylic spray paint was all they needed to be pretty and shiny. 




But if you were giving a wedding shower, party or even just decorating your house for fall, painting pumpkins is an easy way to take advantage of a seasonal item and make it your own. How cute would bronze and gold pumpkins be on a table for Thanksgiving? Super cute.

So those are some simple yet easy creative ideas I just wanted to share in case you were looking for something unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment